Sales Director- Insurance practice
Gerent strives to be the leading go-to systems integrator of the Salesforce/Salesforce Industries solution for the insurance industry by:
· Bringing our expertise, tools, and quality services to transform the industry into digital insurance leaders for the evolving risk marketplace
· Driving transformative change throughout the insurance value chain and bring insurance organizations into the advanced world of a gig economy, AI, and on-point customer service capabilities
Areas of Expertise:
- Property and Casualty
- Life and Annuity
- MGA/MGU and TPA
Roles & Responsibilities
Spurred by record growth, Gerent seeks an experienced Insurance Sales Director. This position is responsible for leadership and support throughout the customer engagement and solution implementation lifecycle. This is an exciting role with high visibility, important responsibility, and significant growth potential. Gerent desires a full-time, permanent colleague for this role. The successful candidate will be responsible for sales and business development related to Salesforce Industries (formerly Vlocity) Insurance initiatives for Gerent.
· Develop and execute a sales plan, in collaboration with the SVP Sales/Insurance, required to maintain and grow business for Gerent’s Insurance practice regarding Salesforce and Salesforce Industries (formerly Vlocity) services implementation engagements.
· Perform business development duties, including but not limited to market and territory analysis, new business opportunity identification, marketing campaign and pre-sales leadership, pursuit and solution proposal leadership, contract negotiation and execution, post-sale customer success engagement, existing customer retention and growth, facilitation of long-term relationships with both customers and partners, with strong emphasis on nurturing Salesforce field sales relationships.
· Execute daily pipeline management in Salesforce and provide weekly forecast, pipeline, and activity reports, as directed.
· Collaborate closely and effectively with Gerent practice leadership, marketing, business development, and consulting colleagues.
· Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Gerent’s credentials and Salesforce/Salesforce Industries solutions and roadmap.
· Successfully articulate Gerent and Salesforce credentials, in the context of effective discovery regarding prospect/customer requirements, leading to proposed solutions.
· 10+ years of technology sales experience with a bachelor’s degree, or 7+ years of experience with a master’s degree
· 5+ years of consulting and systems integration sales experience
· 5+ years selling technology solutions to insurance carrier and distribution customers
· Documented and sustained track record of sales success
· Detailed knowledge of insurance principles, terminology, customs, and practices
· Must be authorized to work for any U.S. employer
· Approximately 30 percent travel (post-pandemic)
Desired Skills and Experience
· Experience partnering with C-level executives as a trusted advisor
· Experience with end-to-end implementation of Salesforce solutions or SaaS solutions
· Experience with end-to-end implementation of Insurance technology systems (e.g. – Quote/Rate/Apply, Policy Administration, Claims Management, Omnichannel Engagement, Billing)
· Salesforce and Salesforce Industries (Vlocity) ecosystem experience highly desired
· Solid judgment and problem-solving skills
· Ability to manage multiple projects or priorities
· Strong influence, communication, and negotiation skills
· Strong experience collaborating with business process owners, program/project management leaders, and technical teams to develop solution proposals
· Experience with large scale technology projects
· Experience working with technical and creative project teams
· Proficient in G-Suite and Microsoft Office apps and other collaboration and project management tools (e.g. – MS Teams, Quip, Slack, Smartsheet, Lucidchart, etc.)
· Any industry-relevant designations a plus - CPCU, AINS, AIC, ARM, AU, CLU, etc.